Tuesday, November 11, 2008



So does anyone else find it really odd that it's already the middle of November? December is just around the corner, but that also means that there are hardly any leaves on the trees, and that it's getting unbearably cold. I don't know if anyone else has noticed, but the sun is setting at ~4:50PM everyday now. Thanks a bunch, Daylight Saving Time!

I have to admit, though, I can't really bash DST too much because I don't know a lot about it...but I will anyway. According to the always trustworthy wikipedia, there is an economic advantage to DST. Awesome! Let's lessen the amount of sunlight I get so that I can get even more depressed, so then I can go and buy a lot of things! Thank you so much, government; I really appreciate every single effort you put forth to spend my money.

Whatever, though. As far as I'm concerned, DST is another silly little thing that makes the world go 'round. What's something you think is unnecessary, but EVERYONE goes through with just because?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love you Ashley.

ok, now that that's said, i should give a more constructive comment??

that's funny about how the economy is thriving because of DST. hahaha good point. yay for wikipedia!

KMAC said...

Hey Hey! Your totally right about Daylight Savings Time. Mucho despressing! Walking out of class in the dark is such a slap in the face. But there's really nothing we can do right...?

Nicole said...

Ashley, that was a really funny blog. I totally agree with you!!
I hate the fact that its like super dark now when I leave writing power!! It's actually kind of creepy!

Samantha said...

I hate having classes so late because it's always so dark out even when it's supposed to be. That's one of the big things that i hate about fall/winter because the days are constantly getting shorter and it's kind of depressing. =(